Not sure what to read next? Explore expert-curated lists filled with must-read books across all genres. Or take a deep dive into The New York Public Library's research collections with posts written by our librarians, curators, and staff. And discover the diverse array of programs, resources, services, and materials offered by NYPL.
- By Carrie McBride, Communications | August 8, 2022This trope is alive and kicking in romance books as authors find fun new ways to play with the fake-dating-turned-true-love dynamic.
- By Carrie McBride, Communications | August 8, 2022His books are detailed and often lengthy, but also page-turners that bring history to life with vivid storytelling.
- By Cierra Bland, Social Media Manager | July 26, 2022These recently released memoirs will enthrall and move readers.
- By Carrie McBride, Communications | July 15, 2022Explore the parks through books—their history, memorable visits, and fiction thrillers that delve into the dangers of the wilderness.
- By Nicole Celic, Adult Librarian | July 14, 2022Whether you want to learn more about gaming history or see your favorite characters come to life on the page, we have the book for you.
- By Carrie Mcbride, Blog Editor | July 13, 2022These teen titles explore the many permutations of a breakup: making the decision, coping with heartbreak, and believing in love again.
- By Carrie McBride, Communications | July 11, 2022These retellings have different settings and variations on the characters and plot but revolve around the same central conflict.
- By NYPL Staff | July 7, 2022Choose a series so instead of sadness, reaching the end of the book will leave you with excitement for the next one!
- By Carrie McBride, Communications | July 6, 2022A reality tv show will either bring them together or break them apart in these modern romance reads.